How would you react to the fact that the spices we often come across daily in kitchen are medicine to one or other disease in many ways.
It’s a fact. We all have to accept this as various researches have been done on these ingredients which prove their surety!!
Words would be less if we count on each and every ingredient so let’s curb our view and discuss major 6 ingredients used often in kitchen.
AJWAIN (CAROM SEEDS)
- Instant Relief from Acidity and Indigestion-Take 1 teaspoon of cumin and 1 teaspoon of carom seeds and add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder to it. Take this mix with water daily to cure heartburns.
- Treats Common Cold-paste of ajwain seeds and jaggery by heating it and take 2 teaspoons of it twice a day to feel better
- For Cleaning Wounds-A component called thymol in ajwain seeds acts as a strong fungicide and germicide. Thus, ajwain seeds can be crushed and applied on the skin to treat infections or cuts. So if next time you come across any such injury, bring carom seeds to your rescue.
- Eases the Pain Due to Arthritis-Ajwain seeds possess two qualities that help them fight arthritis. They have antibiotic properties that reduce redness and combat inflammation, and they possess anesthetic properties that soothe the pain and swelling. As a home remedy, you can apply the paste of crushed seeds on the joints or soak in a tub of hot water with a handful of carom seeds. HING (ASAFOETIDA)
Ayurveda also mentions hing for various significant properties like Pachana (useful in digestion), Anulomana (reduces bloating), Hridaya (effective for cardiac problems) and Chakshushya (useful for treating eye problems).
- Improves Digestion:
Hing being rich in fiber improves digestion. It provides relief from stomach problems like gastritis, bloating, abdominal pain, flatulence and promotes overall digestive health.
- Relieves Menstrual Pain:
Irregular periods and menstrual cramps are a nightmare for most of the women out there. Hing being a natural blood thinner, reduces blood clots during periods, makes the flow smooth and easy, thus reducing cramps in your lower abdomen and back.
- Dismiss headache:
Add a pinch of hing to a glass of warm water and drink it a couple of times throughout the day to get relief from headache.
Long ( cloves)
Ayurvedic medicine used cloves for tooth decay and halitosis (bad breath)
- Boost gastrointestinal health – fried cloves could also be used to stop vomiting, owing to their anesthetic
- For liver protection– Cloves contain highamounts of antioxidants, which are ideal for protecting the organs from the effects of free radicals, especially the liver. Kali mirch ( black pepper)
- helps in losing weight-Green tea plus a pinch of black pepper in it can help you lose weight
- Detoxifies your body
- Prevents cancer
- Cleanses your intestines and stomach
- In order to treat dandruff, black pepper is said to be good. All you need to do is to add some crushed black pepper with some curd and add it to your scalp and let it dry for a minimum of 30 minutes. Also, make sure that you do not use excess black pepper as this can result in burning of your scalp.
- Helps in producing red blood cells
- Rich in vitamin B and produces calcium
- Prevents constipation
- Prevents skin deformation & wrinkles Dalchini (cinnamon)
- Dalchini can cure various skin, hair, and health problems. The anti-microbial properties of this spice can help purify the skin. In addition to this, the antibiotic effects of Dalchini allow it to protect the skin from irritation, rashes, allergic reactions, as well as infections. The essential oil made out of Cinnamon helps to reduce inflammation, swelling, pain, and redness.
- In order to treat skin problems such as acne, pimples, and blemishes, simply mix Dalchini with honey to make a face pack. Apply the pack and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before washing with water.
- To cure rough feet with the help of cinnamon, you can make a footbath by mixing the juice of five lemons, one tablespoon olive oil, a quarter cup of whole milk, half a cup of water, and two tablespoons of ground cinnamon. Soak your feet into the mixture and scrub them for 15 minutes to experience best results.
- You can create a hair mask using honey and cinnamon in order to promote hair growth. Alternatively, you can create a mask by mixing one tablespoon of olive oil, one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon, and an egg. Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes. You can wash it off with a mild shampoo, thereafter.
Amazed to know the benefits of these dry herbs placed in your kitchen!!
Do take advantage and let me know some new facts from your kitchen that you are using!!!
Thanks for your reading time!!
We are providing free consultation!!!