We all have heard of Super Man, Super Heroes, Super Powers…But SUPER FOODS…!!!
I can relate whats in your mind right now – what are superfoods?
Let me clear you one thing, there is no such thing called superfood. Superfood is a term used in the marketing world for the ones that are nutrient dense and have capacity to provide health benefits. However nutritionally speaking, there is no single food (not even a superfood) that can offer all nutritional health benefits required for an individual. Balanced diet is the only key to a healthy body.
Although, some foods do stand out considering their maximum nutritional benefits. Just like superheroes, they are strong enough to fight our body from diseases. They are usually rich in antioxidants, phytochemical, fiber, vitamin and minerals.
Here are some foods that may worth being called Superfoods:
- Great source of antioxidants thereby helps to reduce oxidative stress & risk of cancer
- May improve blood sugar and insulin response
- Being high in fiber, they give feeling of satiety and helps in weight management
- Are high source of vitamin C & have anti-inflammatory properties
- Help in reduction of LDL cholesterol thus reduce risk of heart disease
DARK LEAFY VEGETABLES
- Helps in weight management as low in calories
- Are low in fat, high in fiber, vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, iron, calcium
- Helps reduce risk of cancer and heart disease
- Being rich in beta-carotene helps in immunity and eye health
- Good for type 2 diabetic patients as have low glycemic index
- Contain gingerol have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect
- Treat nausea and morning sickness
- Best for digestive issues
- May reduce muscle pain and menstrual pain
- Helps to lower bad cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- Great source of calcium contributing in bone health
- Contain probiotics helps to boost gut health
- High in protein therefore helps in weight management
- Good for immunity and skin as rich source of zinc
- Can be used in lactose intolerance
- Being rich source of vitamin C helps boost immunity and good for healthy heart
- Antioxidant helps to reduce inflammation
- Rich in fiber therefore contribute in healthy digestive system
- Contain chromium which helps to reduce blood sugar levels
- Good for hair and skin
Hope you would have understood the importance of Superfood.
Stay healthy & safe !! We offer “FREE CONSULT” to our readers, in case you need.
Thanks for your reading time !!